Becoming a Member
Becoming a Member of the Oceanport Board of Education
If you are interested in running for a seat on the Oceanport Board of Education, nominating petitions are available online at njsba.org.
Contact the Board Office at 732-542-0683 x2120, or 2122 if you have any question.
To become a member of the Oceanport Board of Education, you must:
- Be able to read and write
- Hold citizenship and one year's residence in the Borough of Oceanport
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the board
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the Borough Council of Oceanport
- Be registered to vote in Oceanport and not be disqualified as a voter under N.J.S.A. 19:4-1.
- Fact 2