Inclement Weather Procedures
When school is closed due to inclement weather, announcements will be made on the following stations:
Channel 12/NJ News
- Look for a posting in red on the home page of the http://oceanport.k12.nj.us website.
- Twitter update @OPSchoolsNJ
- Oceanport mobile app push notification and banner in app.
- An automated phone call and text message to your phone numbers listed in our Realtime student information system.
- Contact info may be changed in Parent Portal.
Note: In case of possible failure to a notification method it is best to check two or more sources.
When a delayed opening is called, all schools will open 2 hours later than normal opening time.
Wolf Hill School
Maple Place School
When a 2 hour delayed opening is called, report to your bus stop 2 hours later than your regularly scheduled bus stop time.
When school closes early, announcements will be made via our Code Red Phone System Alert. Usually, depending on the circumstances for closure, Maple Place students will be dismissed first. Thirty minutes after Maple Place is dismissed, Grades K-1 will be dismissed. Grades 2,3 & 4 will be dismissed 30 minutes after Grades K-1. As always, if you have any questions, please contact the school